I am a skilled software developer, experienced in the enterprise and the web.
I have more than a decade of experience working in tech projects for many industries such as banking, consulting, advertising, e-learning and even the public service.
- I learned to code when I was 14 years old, in high school. From there I went straight to a bachelor's in Computer Science.
- By the end of 2016, I'll also have an Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering Technology. My GPA so far is 4.3/4.5.
- I have project management certifications: I'm a PMP and a Certified Scrum Master.
- This list is never-ending: I aim to learn something new every day and keep myself up to date with side projects and self-study.
- I'm quite comfortable coding in Java, .NET (C#) and even VBA if the client won't give up his Excel spreadsheets. My SQL knowledge is very strong, too.
- I can work in the Windows or Unix/Linux world and know a fair bit about Apache, too. I have lots of experience with Git/GitHub and JIRA for bug-tracking and task management.
- This year I'm taking courses on JavaEE and mobile (Android) development, so I'll be good to go with those in no time.
Professional history and goals
My first job out of university was a programmer analyst position in a local bank. Then I branched into consulting and specialized in project management - a skill that I carried over to the digital advertising industry, where I led important projects for big clients. Many involved innovative technology, and a couple of them were awarded in Cannes.
My true passion is coding, so I am focused exclusively in developer roles from now on. Along with my current studies, I've been working extensively with modern web development in part-time projects, personal projects and also internships/co-ops. I would also love to work with SaaS or enterprise development - if it is challenging, count me in!
Some projects on the side
The source code for all of those is in my Github.